Easy Trail Mix: Eating Healthy on the Go

official perfectreplicawatch 2021.

Spring Break is this week for most of us, so we were thinking about how difficult it can be to find healthy eating options when you’re traveling. Whether you’re driving or flying to your vacation destination, it can be difficult to find the clean-eating options in a sea of fast food joints. So we’ve put together a guide for all our tried and true tips and tricks for staying healthy while on the road, including our favorite recipe for on-the-go snacking: Easy Trail Mix!

Here are our top 3 tips for healthy traveling:

Plan Ahead: Plan, plan, plan. Depending on where you’re traveling, you may or may not have access to many healthy food options, so do some research ahead of time. Map out any health food stores on the way and/or at your destination. Look online to see if there are any clean-eating restaurants near where you’ll be staying. This organic fresh pressed juice directory is a great resource for finding green juices on the go.

Pack your faves: If there’s not too many healthy options where you’ll be heading or if you have specific foods you love to have on hand, prepare them ahead of time to bring with you. Our Easy Trail Mix (recipe below) or Nut-Free Joy Balls are great options for airplane or car snacks. This cooler is perfect for bringing perishable snacks, fruits, or veggies on road trips. If you want to have green smoothies during your stay, the Nutribullet is a more portable blender that may be worth investing in if you travel frequently.

Live by the 80:20 rule: Don’t totally deprive yourself from enjoying some indulgences, after all, you are on vacation! Treat yourself to that piña colada on the beach! Just make sure you do it in a conscious way. Focus on eating clean 80% of the time and indulging guilt-free the other 20%. For more advice on how to maintain a healthy diet while still leaving room for drinks or dessert, join our 80:20 Lifestyle Program.

Do you have any favorite healthy travel tips? Let us know in the comments below! We love hearing from you.

With love and happy travels,


Easy Trail Mix

Yield: 8-9 servings (serving size ¼ cup)


  • ½ cup cashews, raw and unsalted
  • ½ cup walnuts, raw and unsalted
  • ½ cup pumpkin seeds, raw and unsalted
  • ½ cup sunflower seeds, raw and unsalted
  • 2 TB. raisins
  • 1 TB. goji berries
  • 2-3 TB. Lily’s chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped

Put cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, goji berries, chocolate chips, and apricots in a bowl and stir to combine. Store mix in airtight container.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Recent Posts