Are you searching for a cake to serve your family and friends this holiday season? A dessert that’ll impress your guests but won’t take you hours to make?
We’ve got the cake for you!
Our new Pistachio Olive Oil Cake with Cacao Cashew Ganache makes a fantastic holiday dinner centerpiece. It’s the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket for any occasion.
This pistachio cake is low-sugar, dairy-free, and grain-free and tastes absolutely luxurious. To make sure it’s a crowd-pleasing dessert, we cut the monkfruit in half and balanced it out with maple syrup so even your pickiest guests will love it. Half and half is a great way to reduce the monkfruit taste while keeping the recipe low sugar.
We made sure the recipe was practically flourless — the base is Cuisinart-blended raw pistachios with a little bit of Tigernut flour added for structure. The result is a cake that’s easier on your digestion (no heavy flours to process), but big in flavor.
The best part is this pistachio cake is a one-bowl cake. That’s right — all you need to do is mix all of the ingredients in a single bowl, pour it in a cake pan, and pop it in the oven! This makes for an easy process and way less clean up and stress piled on your already-full holiday prep plate.
And it wouldn’t be a Conscious Cleanse recipe without being rich in nutrients! The pistachios in this cake are one of the best food-based sources of vitamin B6, which is crucial for several bodily functions including blood sugar regulation (the perfect benefit a dessert can have if you ask us). They’re also high in antioxidants and contain the most essential amino acids of any nut.
The Cacao Cashew Ganache is literally the icing on the cake. Cashews make for a rich and thick texture, with all of the healthy-fat goodness you expect. The cacao in this ganache makes for an extra antioxidant boost coupled with natural mood-boosting effects so you’ll definitely end the night on a high note.
We hope you enjoy this tender Pistachio Olive Oil Cake with velvety Cacao Cashew Ganache. It’s a dessert that’s sure to end your holiday feast with a bang.
If you try this recipe for your celebrations, let us know in the comments! We love hearing from you.
With love and luscious chocolate ganache,
Jo and Jules
Pistachio Olive Oil Cake with Cacao Cashew Ganache
For the cake:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup lakanto
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup pistachio flour (1 8oz bag ground in blender or food processor)
- ½ cup Tigernut flour (or almond/hazelnut)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the ganache:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked at least 1 hour
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk (almond, oat, macadamia)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush a 9” cake pan with olive oil, placing a circle of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- If not using pistachio flour, grind pistachios in a blender or food processor into a crumb-like consistency. In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, eggs, lakanto, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk in pistachio flour, tiger nut flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Pour batter into the cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the chocolate ganache, in a high-speed blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use or chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to create a thicker ganache consistency.
- When the cake is fully cooled, top with the ganache. Enjoy!
Looking for more holiday-friendly recipes? We’ve got you covered! Fill in your info below to join our online community. As a welcome gift, we’ll send you our Healthy Holidays eCookbook, a collection of more of our favorite easy and nutritious holiday recipes!