Right now, it can be easy to focus on what is out of our control. Thinking about all the things you can’t do, can’t control, or can’t get might leave you feeling pretty helpless.
We totally get it. We’ve been grappling with the same feelings ourselves lately.
But there still ARE things in your control.
Really try to focus on those things you CAN do right now:
You CAN try to get an extra hour of sleep every night.
You CAN work on adding more fruits and veggies to your diet.
You CAN reduce your caffeine and alcohol intake.
If these still seem overwhelming right now, don’t worry.
Just focus on one thing at a time. We’re here to help.
Here are a few things you can do right now to improve your physical and emotional health.
If you’re looking for more support, accountability and connection, we’d love for you to join us for our April 8 “Do What You Can” Group Cleanse.
This cleanse will be a little different than our typical cleanses. Instead of fully eliminating certain foods, we’ll help you find ways to up-level what you’re currently doing without feeling deprived. Feel like you need your coffee to get through the day? That’s fine! We’ll focus on adding in more veggies and crowding out the stuff that doesn’t make us feel as good.
Here’s a list of what you can do now, regardless of whether or not you choose to join us for the April Cleanse. These are doable actions you can start today to improve your health.
Here are 5 Things You CAN do for Your Health Right Now:
- Stay hydrated: Making sure you’re on top of your water intake is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do for your health. We suggest drinking ½ of your body weight in ounces of water per day (i.e. if you weigh 150 lbs, aim to drink at least 75 oz. of water daily).
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet (as much as possible): We know you might be limited based on what’s available to you right now, but try to make sure you’re regularly eating nutrient-dense whole foods like veggies, fruits, beans, non-gluten grains, wild-caught fish, and lean meats. The simplest way to do this is to start every day with a green smoothie (click here for a free cookbook with some of our favorite smoothie recipes).
- Reduce Sugary Foods and Alcohol: We know this is a hard one, since it’s very tempting to stress-eat and drink right now. We’re not saying totally eliminate sugary foods and alcohol, but be mindful of your consumption, since sugar and alcohol can tax your immune system and destabilize your mood. Look for healthier options for your favorite drinks and treats (check out our healthy cocktail recipes here or some healthy dessert options here). Opt for better forms of sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, stevia or Lakanto, and consider switching to a wine with lower sugar content.
- Get good quality sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for both your physical and emotional health. Aim for 7.5-8.5 hours per night, and don’t hesitate to get more if you feel you need it. If you’re having difficulty sleeping, consider limiting your exposure to blue light from screens as much as possible, especially at night. Try making your bedroom an electronics-free zone to help get higher-quality ZZZs.
- Find ways to reduce your stress as much as possible: Find some stress-relieving practices to implement into your routine. Try doing a quick online yoga class, we have some available through our Conscious Cleanse On Demand membership, you can also access some of our classes through Yoga Download. Add in 5 minutes of meditation to your day to calm and ground yourself. Give yourself a media break or put boundaries around when you check in to news sites.
Our motto is “Progress is Perfection”. Anything you do will start to make you feel better.
Be gentle and kind with yourself.
We’re here to support you every step of the way. When we first started the Conscious Cleanse, our goal was to make support and community our #1 value.
And for that reason, we’re so thankful for the Conscious Cleanse online family.
We all need support right now. We all need community.
We hope you’ll join our Conscious Cleanse family.
If you want more info about the upcoming “Do What You Can” April 8 Conscious Cleanse, please email us at email@example.com.
Or if you’re ready to take the plunge, sign up here.
With love, health and baby steps,
Jo & Jules
If you liked these tips, we invite you to join our online community! As a welcome-gift, we’ll send you our Meal Prep 101 Guide to Meal Planning (which includes a 7-day meal plan and recipes!)
We’ll also be sure to share new recipes and healthy lifestyle tips. Welcome! We’re so glad you’re here.
Yes! I would love the free Meal Prep 101 Guide to Meal Planning.